Write your peer critique on a separate page. At the top of the page place the author’s name and your own name as shown:
Author’s name: ____________________
Peer Reviewer’s name: ____________________
I. Read the draft at normal speed from beginning to end. As you read, draw a wavy line under sentences or phrases you find confusing or unclear, and make a check mark in the margins next to any passages you find especially strong or interesting.
II. Read the draft again slowly and answer the following questions with brief, specific explanations on a separate page.
A. Area of Expertise:
- How does the author make the area of expertise interesting for a reader?
- How does the author make the topic specific rather than generalized?
- What is the most interesting thing you learned from the essay?
- If you had to cut one piece of information from the essay, what would it be and why?
B. MLA format:
- Does every reference have a properly formatted parenthetical citations?
- Is the Works Cited page complete and properly formatted?
III. List at least three major strong points and three major weak areas of the draft.